Sunday, October 4, 2009

Our New Home and Our First Visitors!!




I am not sure if I can fully explain how excited I am about our new house. Its a quiet, almost unbelieving kind of excitement. Like if I get to happy about it, I will wake myself up from this wonderful dream. Then I realize that I still have a two bedroom apartment to pack and many walls to paint and unpacking and decorating and yard work and organizing and trips to Lowes, and colors to choose and rooms to designate and on and on. Yipes, now I am wide awake, this is for real! Oh yeah, and we're planning a wedding in here somewhere. And it is fun, frustrating, exciting and lots of others emotions and experiences. It took a very long time and a few tough experiences to get to this point in life, but it has been well worth it. I have no doubts that Tom and I were Intended to be together, and although neither of us saw it at the time, our life experiences, good and bad, have molded us into who we are today. I'm grateful for that.


Anyway, enough introspection! Tom mentioned our first meal, pizza and wine, the day we closed on the house. Thought you might like to see a picture of that experience. Don't be mislead, we didn't manage to stand still at all that night! We still have no table, chairs or any really functional items in the house. We take a car load of things each time we stop by and by Wednesday I plan to be painting. I'm off work this week (hopefully only this week, long story... tell ya later!) so my plan is to pack the apartment by Tuesday and be at the house painting by Wednesday so that when dad, mom and grandma visit on Thursday I have plenty to keep them busy. We'll see how my plan works out...


Tonight we had our first guests in our new home. Greg, Laura and Luke stopped in for dinner on their way home to Kansas. We were happy to show off our new home and they were very kind to willingly eat from the pizza box while sitting on the linoleum floor. Luke had a grand time running around the empty space and we had a great time watching his antics. What fun!




Its about time to log off and go to sleep, lots to do this week and i want to kick the week off with a strong start. Besides, Crash (my furchild) keeps sticking his pesky wet cat nose into my arm, which, along with an occasional paw on my arm, means "Pet me for cryin' out loud... i'm adorable!" Hard to pay what a cat would consider adequate attention while typing. Which brings me to the next big adventure... Introducing our FurChildren - Crash (my adolescent boy cat) and Ducky (Tom's elderly girl cat) have not met. The agreement is that both cats will move into the new house at the same time. I'll be sure to write a blog about that experience when the time comes. I am not sure what to expect, but a smooth transition is VERY unlikely as both cats have had the run of their respective homes for a good long time. We're open to suggestions!
~Dori~

2 comments:

  1. we have an older cat and a kitten... sometimes they get along... other times, Scout attacks Mack andd this does not impress Mack.. but all he does is hisses at him, and kinda bites him

    ReplyDelete
  2. huh, well probably Crash could use and older cat to keep his snooty prince butt in line. Although at the moment Crash is taking a cat nap on my back while i play on the internet, so hes not always snooty
    ~Dori~

    ReplyDelete